Page 2 of 2
At the Resort
Co-ordinates: S 24.11248
- Gas supplied for all houses.
- All the houses have fridges & freezers & all the basic utensils (pots, cutlery, cups, plates & glasses) are supplied.
- All 8 bed houses have at least 2 bathrooms & are tiled & have shower, toilet & hand basin. Most houses have 3 bathrooms - one with a bath.
- Linen supplied (fitted sheet, flat sheet, duvet, and 2 pillows per bed).
- Bring your own towels, dish cloths & toilet paper (only first roll supplied).
- Can pay with rands, meticais & dollars in the resort.
- CHEQUES & CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Bread and fresh vegetables is available nearby.
- Don’t bring too much meat. Fish & Crayfish can be bought from the locals on the beach and Prawns & Calamari (Lula) in Inhambane & Maxixe.
- Fruit, vegetables and other essentials are available in Inhambane.
- Meat, brought into Mozambique, must be vacuum packed.
- Water is drinkable.
- Plug points – 2 point plugs. No electrical appliances may be used.
- Electricity: We use a generator. Peak Season times: From 7am till 12am, 1pm till 4pm and 6pm till 10pm. Out of Season times & weekends: From 7am till 12pm and 5pm till 10pm.
- (No extensions allowed)
- No 4-weelers allowed in the resorts or on the beach.
- You are obliged to pay all breakages.
Launching & Fishing PERMITS
- Available from Maritime when visiting Resort.
- Ski boat with fiber glass hull = 505Mt
- Rubber duck & Jet Ski = 363Mt
- Spear fishing – only allowed 300m in sea from reef.
- Angler licenses also needed for anglers on boats.
- Boats can be left next to beach – night watch.
- Bring own bait – sardines & squid are best.
- Current exchange rate: Between 2,7 & 3,2 (If rate 3,2 you get 320Mt : R100)
- Money can be exchanged at border: Border Country Inn or FX Bureau de Exchange at Crossings Shopping Center Nelspruit or at BP Garage Komatipoort.
- Don’t exchange money at locals on Mozambique side of border.
- It is better to pay for petrol (and at shops) in Meticas, although Rands and Dollars are also accepted. Credit cards can’t be used.
You can draw money with your Credit Card at the local banks.
Resort Rules / Regulations
- Each house has its own male servant at reasonable rates – don’t employ anybody without the approval of the Resort. These servants have all been screened and are very honest.
- Furniture, cooking utensils, cutlery, and gas for stove and geyser (Not gas braai), linen and mosquito nets are supplied.
- You have to supply your own towels, toilet paper, kitchen towels, gas bottle for gas braai etc.
- Fridges and deep-freezers are supplied in all houses.
- Electricity is available ± 10 hours per day between 8am and 10pm. Bring a flashlight to use when electricity is out. No open flames allowed in the houses!
- Occupation of houses only from 2pm and departure before 10am.
- Home appliances like hairdryers, toasters, electric frying pans or any appliance with a heating element, battery chargers or welding machines, may NOT be used at any of our plug points. Our generator can’t handle the amp load. No extra freezers of any kind may be pluged into our plugpoints.
- Water is safe to drink, but please use sparingly. Hosepipes for boat & vehicle washing are strictly forbidden.
- The number of people must not exceed the number of beds per house.
- NO PETS ALLOWED.
- The Paindane reef is a protected reef. No spear fishing within 300m of the reef. Areas close-by are appointed to exercise your sport, a R2000.00 fine can be imposed by the Maritime officials.
- Don’t remove coral or live shells from reef. Please do not stand on or touch the coral. It’s illegal to buy coral from locals. Don’t purchase undersize and “in berry” crayfish
- Access to beach permitted for 4 X 4 ‘s only. You’re allowed to drive only in front of Lighthouse Reef and Paindane Resort between the beacons. Driving on dunes is illegal, as is driving north or south from the beacons. A fine of R1000.00 plus is imposed if you are caught out of the specified area.
- Motorbikes, scramblers and quadbikes are not allowed on the beach, only on the roads inland of the resort.
- Jet skis and water bikes are not allowed into the bay, you can enjoy your sport on the north or far south side of the bay. Please be on the look out for anglers, swimmers and divers!!
- No persons without a valid drivers license may drive in or around the resort.
- Speed limit on the beach and inside the Resort is 15 km/h, please be careful of children on the beach.
- Boats can be parked at the house or in the boat area. Remove all unattached equipment, like fishing rods, batteries (if not locked up), diving equipment etc.
- Boats and skippers must have valid RSA seaworthy discs and skipper’s tickets.
- Boat owners are advised that the local MARITIME & SEA FISHERIES officials will check your boat launch & fishing permit should they arrive at the resort during your stay, these permits are legal and must be paid. The official documents pertaining to these permits are available for your perusal from Maritime when they visit the resort. Receipts will be issued.
- Launching + Maritime fees ± R250.00 – Mt750
- Please clean all fish at water's edge and not in the camping area or chalets.
- No open flames is allowed inside the houses.
- Only charcoal may be used for braai (NO WOOD)
- << Prev